Having completed his medical education at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dr. Kamal Sawan joined the ranks of excellence in surgical training and trained in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery at the renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital under leaders in the field in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Sawan moved to Oklahoma in 2003 and soon rose to the rank of Chief of Plastic Surgery in 2005. He held that position for ten years until 2015 when he launched Sawan Surgical Aesthetics. Currently, he is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons , the signature society for board certified plastic surgeons; the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, exclusively for board certified plastic surgeons with advanced techniques and experience in aesthetic surgery; and the American Association for Plastic Surgeon, the exclusive society for plastic surgeons who have made significant contribution to the field.
Dr. Sawan believes it is essential for every plastic surgeon to be up-to-date with all the recent advancements that improve the quality of the care provided to the patients. As a result, he participates in at least three of the national meetings and symposia every year and was the program director for the plastic surgery residency program at the local University where he trained generations of plastic surgeons.
While Dr. Sawan’s professional training is very impressive, his practice philosophy is based on honesty and a compassionate approach to medicine. Personal attention, respect, consideration and sensitivity are the qualities Dr. Sawan and his staff bring to the practice of plastic surgery and is what you will experience in your visit to the office.
Dr. Sawan and his staff want to meet and exceed your expectations. We listen carefully to all your concerns and requests so we can achieve the results you want to see.
Want to discuss your options?
Why not call today and meet Dr. Sawan? or follow the latest Tweets
Experience & Qualifications:
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, 2005 – 2015
- Medical Director of OU Medical Center Surgery Center, consistently scoring higher than 90% in patient satisfaction for the past 5 years
- Medical Education at the Royal College of Surgeon in Ireland (www.rcsi.ie) one of the top international medical schools.
- General Surgery training at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Plastic Surgery training at Johns Hopkins Hospital and the University of Maryland under some of the leaders in the field of Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery.
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Oklahoma VA hospital 2004-2009
Active member in the following committees:
- Graduate medical education committee at the University of Oklahoma School of medicine.
- Finance committee at local Physician group.
- Quality and patient safety committee at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Advocacy Committee at the American Society of Plastic Surgery
Active membership in the following societies:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons – ASPS (www.plasticsurgery.org)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ASAPS (www.surgery.org)
- International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS)
- American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons ( ACAPS)
- American College of Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery