Sun exposure, smoking, poor diet, and aging can all take a toll on the face and neck. Deep creasing, wrinkles and sagging begin to occur over time, as the face loses collagen and fat. A rhytidectomy, better known as a facelift, counteracts the effects of aging to help restore a natural, youthful look. Here’s a look into the top questions patients ask before undergoing a facelift procedure.
- What can a facelift do for me? A facelift can improve the look of the lower and middle areas of the face and neck. It is most effective at correcting mid-face sagging, nasiolabial folds (smile lines), jowls, loose skin from under the jaw line, and deep creases under the eyes.
- Who is an ideal candidate for a facelift?Candidates should want to correct one or more of the signs of aging mentioned above. Candidates should have some facial sagging but still have elasticity to their skin. You should be in general good health and not a smoker, and it is best to have realistic expectations as to what a facelift can achieve for you.
- How is a facelift performed? Typically, a facelift procedure is performed on an out-patient basis, and lasts for approximately 2 hours. Facelifts are customized for each patient’s needs and surgeon’s personal surgical methods. Scars will be hidden in the hairline, masked by natural contours of the face.
- What is recovery from a facelift like? After surgery, incisions will be wrapped with bandages and drainage tubes may be placed. Drains are removed the following day, and sutures are removed generally one week later. Swelling, numbness, bruising, or tightness may be present at this time. The face may be swollen or look distorted for up to 6 weeks however, scars will begin to fade over time.
- How long do the effects of a facelift last? Facelift results are not permanent. However, the face continues to look better than if a facelift had never been performed. Some patients choose to undergo a follow-up procedure 5-10 years later.
- What are the risks associated with facelift? Possible complications include bleeding, infection, bruising, swelling or discoloration. With an surgical procedure, it is possible to have an adverse reaction to anesthesia. It is possible to experience temporary or permanent loss of sensation in the face.
Sawan Surgical Aesthetics Offers Following Services
Plastic Surgery in Oklahoma City
Liposuction in Oklahoma City
Tummy Tuck in Oklahoma City
Breast Augmentation in Oklahoma City
Botox in Oklahoma City
Facelift in Oklahoma City
Cellulite Reduction in Oklahoma City